A golden giveaway from Nationalrail.com – competition now closed
NationalRail.com is on track to offer a very special giveaway!
We’re rewarding our spectacular fans with the #GoldenGiveaway – an annual gold card offering many of hundreds of pounds in savings! Share a photo of your daily commute to win this incredible prize…
An Annual Gold Card is valid for discounted travel in the gold card area in the South of England, and works as an annual travelcard.
It offers a large variety of discounts on other rail journeys, saving the ticket holder hundreds of pounds on their yearly travel!
The Annual Gold Card winner will receive the following discounts within the Annual Gold Card area:
- 1/3 off Standard and First Class Anytime and Off-Peak tickets for the cardholder and up to three adults aged 16 or over travelling with them
- 60% off child fares for up to four children aged between 5 and 15 years (subject to a £1 minimum fare)
- Up to two children aged under 5 years travel free of charge.
- A one year Railcard for £10 for you or a friend – choose from a 16-25, Family & Friends, Senior, Two Together, Disabled Persons or Network Railcard. You can purchase one discounted Railcard, subject to eligibility, during the validity of your Annual Gold Card. See Discounted Railcards section for details.
- 1/3 off Off-Peak Day Travelcard Zones 1-6
- 1/3 off Oyster Off-Peak pay as you go single fares and the pay as you go daily price cap for journeys on National Rail, London Underground and Docklands Light Railway services. The Annual Gold Card discount must be loaded on the Oyster card at London Underground ticket offices and is available to the Annual Gold Card holder only.
- 1/3 off Anytime Day Travelcards when bought as part of your ticket to London from outside London Zones 1-9 (subject to time restrictions and a £17 minimum fare)
- 1/3 off PLUSBUS Day tickets in the Network Railcard area
- Discounts on journeys to the Isle of Wight using Wightlink, Red Funnel and HoverTravel
To enter the chance to win an Annual Gold Card…
Simply take a photo of your daily commute and share to our Facebook or Twitter pages.
Be creative: snap a picture of the view from your train, your shoes on the Tube or your favourite platform or station!
Head over to the NationalRail.com Facebook Page, and post the photo of your daily commute anywhere on the page and comment ‘Golden Giveaway!’
Or Tweet @NationalRailcom with the photo of your daily commute using the hashtag #GoldenGiveaway.
Enter as many times as you’d like, on either social network, from now through May 22nd, to increase your chances of winning!
Entrants must be aged 18 or over on 17 April 2016.
Nationalrail.com will name competition winners as part of its online marketing campaign. The winner will be selected at random and announced via our social media channels.
In the event that a winner declines the prize, a re-draw will take place.
Following the announcement, we’ll contact the Annual Gold Card winner who must be willing to participate in follow-up publicity via social media and the NationalRail.Com website.
The winner will need to provide a passport photograph in order for NationalRail.com to issue the season ticket.